Friday, April 19, 2013

How do you deal with fear of failure?

Paul Agone of All Grown Up wrote a fun guest post this week for another favorite blog of mine, Life After College: 7 Strategic Ways to Un-Succeed. He listed one of the "strategies" that I have the most trouble with.

6. Never Fail

If you’re failing, you’re trying way too hard. If you’re committed to Almost-Success than you should have numerous instances of Almost-Failure as well. You can’t have one without the other.
 
This is so true.

I worry about failing a lot. What if I lose the job? What if they don't call me back to work here again? What if I develop an unprofessional reputation? What if I get a bad reference?

You have to fail in order to get anywhere. I know that failure must happen before success. I remind myself of this over and over, but still have trouble taking risks. Just because I know failure is okay and necessary doesn't mean that I feel that way.

Does anybody have any special tips on how to psyche yourself out of avoiding failure?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment