Friday, October 12, 2012

Setbacks

Because I kept reading depressing statistics about young adults and the recession, I wanted this blog to be hopeful and inspirational. But, I did always mean to include the good and the bad of careers and job searching and going after your dreams. Always writing about the good and never talking about the bad seems like dishonest. It also seems to deny that finding success and following your dreams inevitably includes hard work, rejection, and disappointment.

So, yes, I'm experiencing setbacks. Rather than just re-sending my transcripts, the CTC wants me to completely re-apply for a substitute teaching permit, which is about $100 that I really don't have right now. I'm in talks with the state senator's staff and hoping that they will be able to help me appeal this decision, since it was the CTC that goofed it all up to begin with.

In the meantime, does anyone else ever wonder what the ratio of real jobs to scams is on Craigslist?

No comments:

Post a Comment