Monday, June 18, 2012



2012 looks like it’s turning out to be a pretty big year. I completed my year-long internship with Inland Empire Magazine, I’m quitting the secretarial job I’ve held for over a year, I’m studying in Italy for a month, seeing the London Olympics, and – at the end of this adventure – I return to a new job, a new year of grad school with new profs and classmates, and a new internship with Cliché Magazine.

That’s a big improvement on 2011. Not that nothing happened – it was last year that I landed my first grown-up, (nearly) full-time nine-to-five job, and then grad school started in September. On a daily basis, I didn’t feel like I was accomplishing anything, and I was not earning much money, either. Sometimes 2012 feels the same way, actually, even though this year has a lot more going on. Whenever it happens again, I’m going to remember everything I'm doing that I have to be thankful for.

And then, I’m going to go back to concentrating on how to make that year even better than the last one.  



Photo citation:
les Phillips cover of Life Magazine, 1927

No comments:

Post a Comment